Green Operations practices deliver high performance buildings and promote healthy environments for associates and guests alike. By standardizing proven practices the Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre near Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) has developed green operational initiatives that offer both environmental and economic benefits.
Conserving water, energy and other resources is rewarding for you and great for the environment. Enjoy a $5 voucher at participating food and beverage outlets or 500 Starpoints® awarded at check-out for each night you decline housekeeping (except day of departure).
It feels good to conserve. Make A Green Choice.
To participate in the Make a Green Choice program, please tell us at check-in or look for the doorhanger in your guestroom.
See what a difference a night can make!
Save Water | 37.2 Gallons*
37.2 gallons is 596 cups, enough for 1 person to drink almost
2 cups per day for a year.
Save Electricity | 0.19 KWH*
That's enough to run an Energy Star-rated laptop for 10 hours.
Save Natural Gas | 25,000 btu*
Enough energy to heat a 400 square foot room at 70°F for 4 hours
- when it's 10°F outside.
Save Chemicals | 7 oz*
Fewer chemicals equals less toxicity in the environment.
And that's good for everyone.
Green Key Eco Rating
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel and Conference Centre is pleased to announce it received the Hotel Association of Canada: Green Key Eco Rating of 4 Green Keys for 2010. The hotel was given this award as it has shown national industry leadership and commitment to protecting the environment through its wide-ranging policies and practices. The hotel has successfully implemented programs involving management, employees, guests and the public, and which have shown substantial and measurable results. Hotel Association of Canada: Green Key Eco Rating
- We give guests the option to participate in the "Make a Green Choice" program, which encourages guests to reduce water, chlorine and detergent use by re-using linen and towels
- Lights and heating/cooling are turned off in all meeting rooms, guestrooms, common areas and kitchens when not in use
- Exterior signage is set on timers, and the main exterior lighting in the driveway are energy efficient fluorescents and ballasts
- All exit signs have energy efficient LED lighting
- The boilers have been retrofitted to be more energy efficient
- High efficiency lighting in all areas of the hotel
- Energy efficient heaters for the pool and hot tub
- All toilets and urinals are low-flow, in public areas these are also automated
- Irrigation system is programmable and use is controlled, organic fertilizers are used on hotel grounds
- Regular preventative maintenance programs are in place
- Comprehensive recycling program (paper, plastic, cardboard, glass, aluminum) is in place
- Our photocopiers print double sided
- Guests are presented with the option of having their departure folio emailed at check out
- Our waste company pick-up schedule is adjusted to reflect our demand
- Fryer oil is recycled by a third party company, which is later converted into bio-diesel fuel
- Condiments are purchased in bulk containers to reduce wasteful packaging
- Used room amenities are donated to a local charitable organization
- Electronic tools are used for sales and marketing and catering and convention services as part of our sustainable meetings
- Sustainable food and beverage options are available at all outlets
- The bottled water that we offer is composed of more than 20% less plastic
In-door Environmental Quality
- Our hotel is a smoke free facility
- Only non-toxic cleaners and air fresheners are used throughout public areas and guest rooms
Learn more about hosting a Green Toronto Meeting.
*All amounts estimated based on average guestroom size and materials usage.